Jon graduated from Singapore Management University with a LL.B. degree (Cum Laude) in 2016, and was called to the Singapore Bar in mid-2017. Jon practises in all aspects of intellectual property law and has advised and acted for clients from a range of industries such as luxury brands, pharmaceuticals, information technology, and solar energy.
In particular, Jon enjoys litigation practice and was privileged to act and assist in a number of notable cases before various tribunals, the High Court and the Court of Appeal which dealt with novel issues relating to both substantive and procedural intellectual property law.
Jon has acted as lead counsel in the following reported cases:
- Australian Grape and Wine Incorporated v Consorzio di Tutela della Denominazione di Origine Controllata Prosecco  SGHC 33
- Sun Electric Pte Ltd v Sunseap Group Pte Ltd and others and another suit  SGHCR 1
- Sun Electric Pte Ltd v Sunseap Group Pte Ltd and others and another suit  SGHCR 11
- Sun Electric Pte Ltd v Sunseap Group Pte Ltd and others  SGHCR 4
- Louis Vuitton Malletier v Human Horizons Holding (Shanghai) Co., Ltd.  SGIPOS 13
- Australian Grape and Wine Incorporated v Consorzio di Tutela della Denominazione di Origine Controllata Prosecco  SGIPOS 4 & 9
- A-STAR-Education Discovery Camps Pte. Ltd. v Discovery Communications, LLC  SGIPOS 4
- Singapore Exchange Limited v GCMC, GCMG  (WIPO UDRP Case No. D2022-0837)
- Advance Magazine Publishers Inc. v Kim Kiat Aw [SDRP-2020/01(F)]
Other reported cases that Jon has been involved in include:
- Burberry Ltd v Megastar Shipping Pte Ltd and another appeal  1 SLR 536 (CA)
- Sunseap Group Pte Ltd and others v Sun Electric Pte Ltd  1 SLR 645 (CA)
- Guccio Gucci S.p.A. v Guccitech Industries (Private Ltd)  SGIPOS 1